Monday, August 25, 2008

Race 10- Another Great Showing for Meek Motorsports.

Race #10 at Circleville Raceway Park was one of the most fun weekends I've had yet this season.

All throughout practice my lap times were very competitive, and better yet was the fact that I was 1 to 2 seconds faster than my main competition.


I started in 5th position for the first heat race, and after the first lap, I had passed the two karts ahead of me, and had been passed by the #21 kart of Logan Vermillion, who started behind me. I proceeded behind Logan in hot pursuit. I hounded him for several laps, and then I made my move haeding into a sweeping 180­° turn. I tried to cut inside and pull a late braking maneuver, but I pulled along side him just as he was turning in, and our wheels locked. We both flew off the track, knocked over a few haybales, and raced each other back onto the track. We re-entered the track almost side by side, but he had the inside line for the next corner. we ran nose to tail for the rest of the race, and managed to work our way back up to the 6th and 7th places respectively.

For the second race I started 10th, right behind Logan Vermillion, and AGAIN, after a couple laps, I found myself running right behind him, unable to pass. Though I never passed logan, I did have a successful race, moving up from 10th to 6th. During the race I was being trailed closely by the extremely fast John Powers. When John tried to pass me during the race, he collided with my back bumper, and he lost his nosecone! Though he did pass me for 6th later in the race, he was DQ'd for his bumper, and I claimed the 6th position again.



I took the 7th grid position for the final, right ahead of John Powers, and right behind Logan Vermillion. When the green flag dropped, I set my sights for the karts in front of me. The Circleville track starts out with 2 long sweeping corners followed by a tight hairpin, which would give me an opportunity to pass the competition. I got right behind two battling karts in the two longer turns, and made a late barking move on the third, which moved me from 7th to 5th. After that, I set my sights on the #21 of Logan Vermillion one last time. I matched move for move, glued to his back bumper, until after a while lap he succumbed to my constant tapping of his bumper, and got loose in a tight 180 sweeper. This caused his kart to push out wide just enough to give me the gap I was looking for. I wasted no time passing him, and set off for a top 4 finish. Unfortunately for me, the #93 of John Powers had other plans. Though I didn't know it, in just 1 or 2 laps, he had devoured poor Logan and closed down all of the small gap I had opened up. Just as he does whenever he passes me, It wasn't even difficult. He just BLEW BY ME. He snatchedd up 4th for the race, but I beat him for the weekend, with my second best performance ever, a fifth place. I'm edging closer to 5th in the championship with every race, and with 2 of my closest competetors having finished 10th and 12th this was a great showing indeed.

Well, thats all from Circleville, so until next time,
DRIVE HARD!

No comments: