Saturday, July 26, 2008

Memorial Champ race...this one was a guessing game!

My expectations were very high coming into this weekend, as I was coming off my best finish ever of 4th in the previous race. My competition would be tough though, as 3 or 4 guys from the GLSS would be joining the OVKA competitors for the race.



Saturday started off as a disaster, with a couple spins in the first practice session, and a rainy second session, giving me absolutely no data to work with. Qualifying went pretty well though, with me qualifying in 9th, right ahead of the championship leader, Emerson Reed.

Well, the races were pretty boring after the first corner of the first heat, where I passed 3 people for sixth, and in the final, where I got stuck behind the #77 of Johnny Smith, and was then passed for sixth by the #24 of Matthew Newberry.

The real interesting part of the weekend came after the races, for in tech after the final, one of the top 5 drivers was DQ'd, putting me in a respectable 6th for the weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thats AWESOME!!!!! you must be pretty awesome coming all the way in sixth! WOO HOO!!!!!!